Many women start their morning with a cup of coffee. But this drink is one of the most controversial health products.
Some people write about the results of regular research, which proved its usefulness. Others write about the dangers of this drink.
In this article, you will find the arguments for and against.
What do we know about coffee?
A cup of coffee contains up to 200 mg of caffeine per 250 ml. It has a stimulating effect on the nervous system. When caffeine is consumed, cardiac activity is accelerated, blood pressure rises.
It regulates the processes of excitation in the cerebral cortex, in large doses enhances the positive conditioned reflexes and increases motor activity. The stimulating effect leads to an increase in mental and physical performance, reducing fatigue and drowsiness.
The effect of caffeine lasts for several hours. As soon as it stops, fatigue appears.
The systematic use of caffeine in large doses (1000 mg per day and more) provokes depletion of nerve cells. After a while, an addiction appears. A very large dose (about 10 grams) can cause death.
Coffee actively affects the human body. Let’s try to find the answer to the main question: “What is more: harm or benefit of coffee”?
But first, let’s look at what method of making coffee is most popular among women?
The answer is espresso.
He is loved for the speed and ease of cooking.
However, women love him for more. Espresso coffee has a lower calorie content than other brewing methods. 30 grams of flavored drink contains only 3 calories – of course if you do not add sugar or cream to it.
In addition to low calorie, espresso coffee is useful for losing weight because it can enhance the effect of physical activity. Studies have shown that sports training becomes less tiring if you drink coffee in 30 minutes and start. This substance reduces the level of effort by more than 5%. Coffee also reduces muscle pain that can occur during exercise. Drinking 2 or 3 cups of espresso an hour before a 30-minute training will allow you to have more strength than is necessary for exercise.
Espresso coffee is considered to be a very strong drink, so experienced barista is advised to drink this coffee with water. To do this, you first need to drink one glass of water and then enjoy the coffee flavor. So you do not harm your health.
Another tip is to make coffee only from natural beans. Before buying, be sure to read good espresso beans reviews. A good product should have a lot of feedback.
Opinion about the great harm of coffee is wrong. Yes, this drink is not always good to drink, but it can have a beneficial effect on the body if you know how and in what quantities it should be consumed.
Coffee is capable of the following:
-increases working capacity and endurance;
-helps to resist stress and depression;
-prevents kidney, gallbladder, thyroid and other organs;
-reduces the risk of developing cancer, asthma, atherosclerosis, anemia, heart attack, diabetes, and even Parkinson’s disease;
-protects tooth enamel;
-prevents aging of the body;
-stimulates creative thinking.
Coffee is rich in many minerals and vitamins, for example, such as A, C, PP, groups B, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron. At the same time, this product has almost zero calorie content (if you do not drink it with sugar and cream), for which women especially appreciate it.
If you look at this list of useful properties, you might think that coffee should definitely include in your diet to absolutely everyone. But, like any product that has positive properties, it can also be harmful. In particular, women should be cautious. Especially, with delicate conditions: during menstruation, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
The effect of coffee to the female body
The main disadvantage of this drink is caffeine, which at the same time can be considered it’s plus. This substance is just responsible for our vigor, endurance, and better thinking. On the other hand, caffeine irritates the nervous system. With a low concentration of this substance in the body, it does not cause much harm.
But the female body is more sensitive to external influences than in men and the consequences can be much more serious.
So, excessive consumption of coffee can cause the following phenomena in women:
– During pregnancy, too, you should not drink a lot of coffee. This can lead to the development of gestational diabetes in a child, growth retardation, and underweight. Coffee also adversely affects the development of all systems of the fetus, it is especially harmful to the cardiovascular and nervous. In addition, the drink causes swelling of the body, increases anxiety, irritability, causes sleep disturbance and other unpleasant conditions.
– The probability of conceiving a child is significantly reduced.
– It is necessary to reduce the amount of coffee consumed during menstruation. Caffeine, contained in large quantities in the powder, irritates the nervous system. At this time, ladies and so are in an unstable mental and emotional state, and an additional external stimulus to them to anything. Again – coffee retains fluid in the body, which is fraught with strong edema. During menstruation, women often suffer from this, and a drink can significantly worsen the condition.
– In addition to health, do not forget about external beauty. In large quantities of coffee leads to the development of cellulite and the appearance of a large number of wrinkles. It is these two factors that are a frequent cause of female tears, and a drink so much loved by many can do even more harm to appearance. In addition to these two points, such drinking worsens the color of tooth enamel, makes the skin dry, which also adds neither beauty nor mood.
It turns out that women, in principle, should abandon coffee. Its consumption can adversely affect the pregnancy and the general condition during menstruation. And, in general, this drink does not contribute to the preservation of beauty. But to refuse such a delicious aromatic drink is very, very difficult.
And how then to be?
Here’s what to do.
If we consider that coffee is not only harm, but there are also many benefits, then a complete rejection of it is not the best option. By following a few simple rules, you can somewhat reduce the negative impact of grain drink on a woman’s body.
– Choose only natural coffee, which is much healthier to drink. Soluble varieties are tasteless and often very harmful.
– Can be found in the sale of decaffeinated coffee. Sometimes it costs a little more, but health, as we know, is more expensive.
– The maximum allowable rate, which is not capable of harm – 1-2 cups per day. Moreover, a weak drink and preferably with milk or cream.
Compliance with these simple rules is quite enough so that you can enjoy your favorite drink and not harm yourself. But during pregnancy and during menstruation, it is still necessary to completely eliminate it from the diet. Not worth the risk.